This Page

has been moved to new address

The Things You See in Lake Placid

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adirondack Lifestyle ™: The Things You See in Lake Placid

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Things You See in Lake Placid

Although there was no "race of truth" or individual time trial in Lake Placid lately, this nattily clad enthusiast was spotted at the local quickee mart the other day.
Anything but pedestrian, a summertime stroll on Main Street, Lake Placid, New York, can be interesting, if not downright entertaining. Sometimes, I feel like I am at the Tour Dey France, except I haven't seen Bob Roll and the natives are all speaking Adirondack.

4 Comments:

Blogger turner said...

You should have mentioned Stewarts. I think it's an Adirondack fixture that holds sentimental value for use expats ;-)

7/15/2010 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Harvey44 said...

A little off topic, but I have to chuckle about your reference to Bob Roll's pronunciation of the name of the world's premier bike race. How hard would it be to pull him aside and get it right? My wife, who has no interest in pro-cycling walks past the TV when I am watching... "Is that the Tour Dey France guy?" Maybe it's his "brand." He does seem to be known for it.

7/15/2010 11:05 AM  
Blogger Joann said...

It is clearly his brand. I've heard him pronounce foreign words properly and beautifully. He is a funny guy.

7/15/2010 1:29 PM  
Blogger KiKi said...

Love this...I miss the Adirondacks! I'm excited to be visiting home in a few weeks (live in Los Angeles now) and also spend an afternoon in Lake Placid strolling around and doing some people watching....

Your post made me smile.

7/16/2010 2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home