This Page

has been moved to new address

Back in the High Life Again

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adirondack Lifestyle ™: Back in the High Life Again

Friday, May 23, 2008

Back in the High Life Again

I just returned from a trip to the seashore, so I am back above sea level in the incredible Adirondack Mountains. It was a nice trip; I spent all of my free time on the beach and in the water. Although I've lived in the Adirondacks for 21 years, I still love spending time at the ocean. Apparently, it makes sense. Here is an article that explains why certain people feel better outdoors in the mountains or at the ocean. Negative ions are the key to the euphoria. I guess it is not just that people who live here are smart.
This healing effect of the sea and mountains should not come as a surprise. People have been going to the sea for the cure for eons. And the allure of mountains is legendary. It must be a real rush to stand at the top of Mount Everest, at least until you freeze to death. The Adirondacks have a long history of healing as I mentioned in a previous post about the Trudeau Institute. People from the cities with TB came here in the late 1880s in order to get better. All they did to heal was rest, and live and breath fresh Adirondack air. Today's photo was taken on Wednesday while I was taking the cure down the shore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home