This Page

has been moved to new address

International Flavor

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adirondack Lifestyle ™: International Flavor

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

International Flavor

I just spent a few days at the Wilmington office of the Prudential Terry Horrocks real estate office where I am a real estate agent and business broker. A visiting friend and I were assisting with the World Cup Snowboard races that finished yesterday at Whiteface Mountain. It was great to see such incredibly talented young athletes pursuing their dreams and carving such sweet turns. We were volunteer gatekeepers for the Snowboard Giant Slalom, so had a bird's eye view of the cool turns and speed. I had planned to give my blog readers a taste of the views, but forgot my camera - sorry.
In any case, my friend mentioned that her teenage daughter would have loved to be along since there was so many foreign languages to overhear. I was eavesdropping on the German Snowboarding Team at the time. Her comment reminded me that we do have a cosmopolitan little enclave here in the Adirondacks. Lake Placid has many international visitors and second home owners since it has been in the international eye for over 100 years and we host so many international events. Naturally, yesterday was an incredible day at Whiteface Mountain; warm, sunny and fun. Spring skiing's great in New York State - especially in the Adirondacks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home