This Page

has been moved to new address

Adirondack Morning Commute

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adirondack Lifestyle ™: Adirondack Morning Commute

Friday, April 03, 2009

Adirondack Morning Commute

Sometimes you just don't know what you will see heading to work in the Adirondacks. Frequently, on my way to the office, I wonder how I can ever show my blog readers the cool views I see. These sentiments usually hit in the area just before State Route 73 passes the ski jumps that were used in 1980 Olympic Winter Games. The road curves around a bend that features the Ausable River to the left and a lovely view of Whiteface Mountain directly out the windshield. It is a relatively busy road for the Adirondacks. The speed limit drops to 40 mph right at this spot by the way. Fortunately, I was obeying the law and paying attention the other day when I encountered this wild turkey running along the road, obviously looking for the ski jumps. We've had a ski jumping moose, and now apparently the turkeys have heard about it and want in on the action. You just never know what you'll discover in the Adirondacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home