This Page

has been moved to new address

I Swear I Heard Drums

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adirondack Lifestyle ™: I Swear I Heard Drums

Sunday, April 27, 2008

I Swear I Heard Drums

The first time I heard the incredible sound a Ruffed Grouse makes when establishing his territory and calling up the girls, I thought I was listening to practice of the local high school band's percussion line. Then I realized I was sitting on my deck at 5:00 a.m., in the Spring and the Lake Placid High School is five miles away. Discarding the consideration that it was concert flashbacks, I mentioned to my husband that I heard drums. He explained it was a bird making that noise with his wings. Of course, this was a long time ago and I didn't believe him. Twenty-one years later, this Jersey Girl can identify and loves to hear the percussion line of the Adirondack Springtime Symphony; the Ruffed Grouse. They are playing every day at the homestead, and this morning's performance was fantastic!

1 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

They are tasty as well.

4/27/2008 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home