This Page

has been moved to new address

Skiing's......really extremely good.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Adirondack Lifestyle ™: Skiing's......really extremely good.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Skiing's......really extremely good.

In the spirit of gratitude, I must, once again, mention how great the skiing is already this season. I skied at Mt. VanHoevenberg yesterday in six inches of fresh powder snow on packed trails. There is at least 18 inches of snow at the top of High Notch; sumptuous skiing anytime, remarkable for December 5. The Adirondacks appear to be in a wonderful weather pattern of continuous light to moderate snow. I am not even going to complain about having to clean the snow off my car after a very pleasant morning stint at the Prudential Terry Horrocks Real Estate office in Lake Placid yesterday morning. After all, I was looking out over frozen Mirror Lake, in the middle of a little alpine village that looked like it could be on the cover of a holiday card. Not too shabby.
Speaking of holidays, today is the first day of Chanukah, the eight-day Jewish festival that began at sundown yesterday. Happy holidays!
I hear from my Whiteface intelligence agents (oxymoron?) that skiing is great at the Olympic Mountain too. It was a little windy yesterday, but the glades are already open. That truly is remarkable: eastern glade skiing in early December! It looks like I am going to miss another "why not Wednesday," but I am sure my fun-loving, tele friends will rip it up on my behalf. Ok, I can't resist....skiing's great in New York State!!! Especially in the Adirondacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home